We’re only five days away from our big day—Valentine's Day—and five days away from the largest statewide visibility push ever conducted for the freedom to marry.
You’re invited to some of the biggest, boldest events celebrating the freedom to marry throughout the week of February 14. During Freedom to Marry Week, we will gather to recognize a dream realized four years ago—when thousands of LGBT couples gathered at San Francisco City Hall to have their love recognized in an equal and dignified way.
Four years later, as these dreams remain contested, we have not forgotten our shared vision—that all people deserve to marry the person they love. In fact, we stand stronger, with millions of like-minded Californians, ready for change.
Freedom to Marry Week 2008 will be an important moment for supporters of the freedom to marry. Make sure you are present and counted at one of the many happenings across our state. Click here to check out the full list of events or read more below.
- February 12: Los Angeles Premier of The Year of Paper, 7:30 p.m. at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center at the Village.
- February 13: AT&T showing of Pursuit of Equality, 7:30 p.m. Herbst Theatre.
- February 14: Valentine’s Day Marriage Counter Events, read the locations and times for events happening across the state.
- February 14: Frameline screening of The Year of Paper, 7:30 p.m. at the San Francisco LGBT Community Center.
In addition to attending these events, you can help make Valentine’s Day 2008 a day to remember by:
- Spreading the word to your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues about the freedom to marry and Valentine’s Day 2008.
- Making your support seen by being a face for the freedom to marry! Download one of our “I Said It” posters and add your face to the hundreds of others making their support visible through our online gallery.
- Hanging your “I Just Said It” sign in your window or cubicle (or anywhere where people are likely to see it and ask what you said!) to show your support throughout Freedom to Marry Week.
Thanks for all that you do.
Let California Ring